I have been thinking a lot lately about the freedoms we are blessed with in this great country of America. I have also been thinking all the different types of sacrifices that have been to preserve those freedoms.
America is a wonderful place. Our Heavenly Father provided a way for this country to come into in existence. It wasn't just happenstance. The right people came along. They believed in God. They wanted to keep His commandments. They wanted to be happy and free from a King. A place of freedom. Freedom to worship God according to the dictates of their own hearts. What a great gift and blessing. And they received it. They were a people that believed in God. They acknowledged His existence. In return, they were greatly blessed by Him. Miracles happened.
Fast forward to our day. Miracles still happen. There are people that still believe in God. They believe they will be blessed for keeping His commandments. It isn't always easy to keep them. Who doesn't want to keep up with the neighbors and have a car, boat, trailer, all the newest electronic toys? We worship sports stars. We have little time for religion or each other. We don't rely on anyone but ourselves. We want to be able to do whatever we want and forget the consequences and if we don't like the consequences then we surely won't take responsibility for making that choice. There are people that believe gay marriage is okay. It won't hurt anyone. We deserve the right to be together. God will understand.
Well, I don't believe He will. I believe this, along with the previously mentioned items of worldliness, will bring this country down. There is a consequence for not keeping the commandments of God.
The signs are there--I believe 9/11/2001 was a wake up call. The enemies of our country were able to break through and attack on our soil. That has been unheard of in so long. The prophet knew changes were coming in the character of the country. President Hinckley directed the writing of the Family Proclamation. Some might say it was interesting timing. I believe it all happened according the plan of our Heavenly Father. He knows us all. He knows where are hearts are turning.
What sacrifice are you willing to make to keep the country free? Are you proud to be an American? Are you willing to remind others what America is about? What freedoms are you willing to give up?



2 comments:
Very interesting. I think this post is true and if we keep justifying keeping up with the Joneses, our world will come crashing down a lot sooner than we think. It is very important for us to stand up for what we believe and what we know is God's plan. Well said, Jen.
I hear the Joneses are about to loose it all. Thanks for standing up for what we believe Jen. Love ya!
Post a Comment