It's early in the morning....I am up late. Thought I needed some time by myself. I was playing some games on Facebook and thinking about upcoming activities for this week. It is spring break and I have taken the week off to be with my kids. Suddenly, I realized something. This week marks 6 years since that awful phone call. I didn't know my body could make such a sound. There is no way to describe it. Take all the pain, grief, shock and horror you can imagine and wrap that up into a sound. My little brother's baby had passed away before being born. Now, not only had he passed away, but my sweet sister-in-law still had to deliver him. My heart broke. I felt so completely lost and helpless. There was not one thing I could do!! I did pray. I had to. I had just scared my little boy with my screaming and he needed me to calm down. I still cry about it. It feels so fresh still. I don't know how his parents have been able to keep on. But yet I do know. We are so blessed to know, without a doubt, that we will be with him again. He is, and always will be, a part of our family. The Gospel of Jesus Christ does bring us that knowledge and that comfort. But, it doesn't mean we aren't going to hurt or be sad about losing a loved one. I have only just been able to start singing "I Need Thee Ever Hour" all the way through without crying. Sometimes I am surprised by how much I get upset over his passing. He was my nephew, not my son. I think maybe I hurt for his parents and siblings. They are so strong and have such faith. I am blessed to know them. They have helped me heal far more than I have been able to help them. I hope they know how much I love them and their sweet son, and their other children as well.
The other thing on my mind lately is healing from another wound. The trick is, I don't even know what the actual wound is. I know that I used to work for another company. Worked there for over 13 years. Left there because I realized it was time for me to move on. That the new management and I were on different pages and I needed out. Now, why do I feel so badly still about that? I have found work at a great company now and I love the freedom that I have at this new job. It has been over 3 years since I made that change. I still find myself filled with anxiety when thinking about taking on new tasks. I struggle to trust others. I have even started to think that I must be crazy for having such bad feelings about my old place of employment and that none of the things I think happened, really ever happened. How do I heal from this? I need to forgive and move on with my life and get things moving on. How? I have tried to fast and pray about it, hoping to have the pain removed from my heart and to have my confidence in myself and others restored. I hope that as we celebrate the Easter season I can take some more steps in healing and finding peace. I want to be past this place. I feel like there are people that have wronged me and should be held accountable for that, yet I know that isn't my place. I need to look to the future and trust that Heavenly Father will take care of them and of me. I just need to figure out how to get there.



1 comment:
I had a job like that, too. It destroyed my view of myself for years, and I couldn't believe that it had such a big effect on me. I even had nightmares about it. It took me quite a while to get over it, but it did happen. Keep at it!! You're awesome.
Post a Comment