
Can you see just how relaxed I look?!?! Rich and I got back on Sunday from a fantastic 7-day cruise in the Eastern Caribbean. No kids.....lots of food and relaxing....no housework....read a book......attended several Broadway-style shows.....danced w/my hubby to 80's music.
It was a great adventure-we were able to visit St. Maarten and Labadee, Haiti. We also stopped in San Juan, Puerto Rico, but we didn't get off the ship. I am sure that in the days to come I will post some pictures of the fun we had. Rich loved boogey-boarding on the Flow-Rider. I had fun and stayed safe just watching. :-) I really enjoyed the ocean and being able to see more of this beautiful world that Heavenly Father has created. It was so interesting to meet people from other countries. Our waiter, Emily, is from the Phillipines. Her husband also works on the boat. They work on the boat for 6 months at a time and then are off for 2. Emily has 4 children, 3 boys and a girl, and they all stay in Phillipines with her mother and go to school. She is hoping to only have to work for 2 more years. I was very sad to hear her story, but she seemed okay with it. I wonder if that is the way of life for many of the employees on the ship. Our stateroom attendent had been working for Royal Caribbean for over 12 years!!
I will post more about our trip but I wanted you all to know we had a great time and really enjoyed having so much time together. I was reminded of how much I love Richard (Chard) and how grateful I am that we have the chance to be together for eternity. He is a great guy and I am very, very blessed to share this life with him and I look forward to spending eternity with him.



5 comments:
How fun!! I can't wait to see picts. And it makes me excited for us to go in Jan. We leave from San Juan!! Whoo hoo!!!
How fun, Jennifer! And you do look very relaxed! Glad you had a good time - without kids. We all need one of those at some point, right?
How fun and I am so jealous!!! I hope you ate lots of chocolate dipped strawberries for me!!!
You look so good, so relaxed!!! The pictures were fun to see.
Congrats on having such a fabulous trip and welcome home!
Post a Comment